LMI Technologies (LMI), developer of 3D scanning and inspection solutions, has announced the official release of its new Gocator 5500 series of smart 3D line confocal sensors. This major product release introduces the first line confocal sensor running Gocator’s smart sensor platform, complete with next-generation on-sensor IIoT vision web-based software offering onboard measurement tools and I/O connectivity.
Gocator 5500 sensors are unique among existing confocal technologies in that they feature a dual-axis design that delivers simultaneous generation of 3D topography, 3D tomography, and 2D intensity data. This allows Gocator 5000 sensors to scan practically any material type– – including multi-layered, transparent/translucent, curved edge, shiny, textured, mixed, and many more––with submicron precision, and at a level of quality and speed that outperforms competing confocal technologies.
“The Gocator 5500 Series introduces a powerfully effective line confocal scanning approach for the inspection of challenging material structures such as multi-layer, transparent and curved edge, and now with next-generation on-sensor IIoT vision software and Gocator’s renowned smart features and capabilities. The result is an end-to-end, user-friendly surface evaluation solution that provides customers with unmatched performance leveraging the industry’s first smart LCI technology“, said Mark Radford, CEO, LMI Technologies.
– Gocator 5500 sensor capabilities include:
– Simultaneous generation of multiple profiles from multi-layer structures
– Generates 1792 data points per profile
– Fast scan rates (Over 10 kHz with PC acceleration)
– High X resolution, sub-micron Z precision
– Handles wide variety of material types
– Dual-axis optical design provides higher signal quality
– Onboard measurement and inspection software
For more information: www.lmi3d.com