TDK Corporation has announced that it has agreed to acquire Qeexo, Co., a U.S.-based venture-backed company spun out of Carnegie Mellon University engaged in the automation of end-to-end machine learning for edge devices. As a result of the acquisition, Qeexo will become a wholly owned subsidiary of TDK.
Qeexo, based in California, is the first company to automate end-to-end machine learning for edge devices. Qeexo AutoML enables a no-code environment, enabling data collection and training of 18 (and expanding) different machine learning algorithms, including both neural networks and non-neural-networks, to the same dataset, while generating metrics for each (accuracy, memory size, latency), so that users can pick the model that best fits their unique requirements.
AutoML is a cloud-based easy to use solution, that provides an intuitive UI platform system allowing users to collect, annotate, cleanse, and visualize sensor data and automatically build ‘tinyML’ models using different algorithms. Qeexo’s AutoML platform allows customers to leverage sensor data to rapidly build machine learning solutions optimized to have ultra-low latency and power consumption, with an incredibly small memory footprint for highly constrained environments with applications in industrial, IoT, wearables, automotive, mobile, and more. Through streamlined intuitive process automation, Qeexo’s AutoML enables customers without precious ML resources and greatly accelerates design of Edge AI capabilities for their own specific applications.
“Qeexo brings together a unique combination of expertise in automating machine learning application development and deployment for those without ML expertise, high volume shipment of ML applications and understanding of sensors to accelerate the deployment of smart edge solutions,” stated Jim Tran, CEO, TDK USA Corporation. “Their expertise combined with TDK’s leadership positions in sensors, batteries and other critical components will enable the creation of system level solutions addressing a broad range of applications and industries.”
“Our platform is an outgrowth of our own history of high-volume ML application development and deployment enabling those with domain expertise but not ML expertise to solve real world problems quickly and efficiently,” continued Sang Lee, CEO, Qeexo. “We see our AutoML tool as a natural partner to the smarter sensor systems that TDK is building.”
Glossary of Terms:
- AutoML: Automated machine learning is the process of automating the tasks of applying machine learning to real-world problems.
- tinyML: Tiny machine learning is broadly defined as a fast-growing field of machine learning technologies that is capable of performing on-device sensor data analytics at extremely low power,
- ML: Machine learning is a field of inquiry devoted to understanding and building methods that ‘learn’, that is, methods that leverage data to improve performance on some set of tasks
- Smart Edge solutions: Smart Edge solutions refers to the analysis of data and development of solutions at the site where the data is generated.
- Smart Edge device: An intelligent edge device is a sophisticated IoT device that performs some degree of data processing within the device itself.
For more information: www.qeexo.com