PI has introduced a new high performance gantry stage system, further increasing its gantry linear robot product family. The A-352 direct-drive gantry covers overhead motion ranges up to 2 meters x1 meter and is based on a total of 3 direct-drive, closed-loop, brushless linear motors. Guided by high load mechanical linear bearings, it is ready for demanding 24/7 industrial automation applications.
For maximum uptime and accuracy, absolute measuring linear encoders are integrated making homing procedures unnecessary and eliminating the possibility of dropped encoder counts from incrementally operating encoders. The ironless 3-phase linear motors are free of cogging, for improved velocity control and constancy.
XYZ Configurations with Z-Axis Linear Modules
For applications requiring XYZ motion, a motorized vertical linear module can be added at the factory – voice coil motors, linear motors, and screw drive linear modules are available, all with counterbalance or break option. Customizations, such as stage base materials of granite, aluminum, steel base, or isolators as well as mounting platforms for vision systems, laser heads, galvos are also available.
Principle features are:
– Standard XY travel ranges from 750x750mm to 1000x2000mm
– Absolute encoders, 1 nanometer resolution
– XYZ Configurations with Z-Stage options: linear motors, voice-coil scanners or ball screw stages
– Dynamic error mapping for higher performance with ACS motion controller
– High velocity: Up to 2 meters/second on the cross axis
– Water cooling option for high acceleration / high duty cycle applications
EtherCat-based Industry Motion Controllers
The A-352 overhead gantry motion system is operated by industry-leading EtherCat-based motion controllers / and servo drives that offer superior servo performance, advanced control algorithms to improve dynamic performance.
For more information: www.pi-usa.us