The ZeGage Plus from ZYGO is a 3D optical surface profiler with sub-nanometer precision. It expands on the capabilities of the ZeGage profiler with faster measurement speed, higher precision, and an increased range of measurable surfaces, while maintaining its vibration insensitivity, ease of use, and small footprint.
The ZeGage Plus optical profiler can measure a broader range of surfaces – from very rough to super smooth, with sub-nanometer precision and independent of field of view. Surface finishes may include ground, lapped, honed, polished, and super-polished on materials such as ceramic, glass, and metal.
For high-speed measurements, the ZeGage Plus scans up to twice as fast as the ZeGage, providing increased throughput and faster time-to-data for production metrology.
As with the ZeGage profiler, the Mx™ interactive control software offers simple and comprehensive visualization to help the users control their process.
- Excellent gage capability is provided with quantitative surface metrology and sub-nanometer precision
- Proprietary non-contact measurement technology has low sensitivity to vibration effects, which eliminates the need for vibration isolation platforms in a large number of applications
- High-resolution one million pixel image sensor provides quick areal measurements in seconds, for superior surface detail and visualization
- Correlates to both 2D and 3D standards, and adheres to surface roughness parameters of ISO 25178
- Built-in focus and autofocus aid reduce operator variability and simplify part setup
- Field stitching and fully-automated measurement sequences enable high resolution inspection of large areas (Optional motorized part stage is required)
- Measures a broad range of surface materials and finishes, from rough to super smooth, such as large steps and steep slopes
- Part damage is prevented with the help of non-contact metrology method
- 2D and 3D profiling of form, surface texture, step-height and more
- Included Mx software offers comprehensive tools for visualization, analysis, and reporting of surface data
- Selectable field-of-view and magnification with several imaging and system options
- Area-based measurement is not sensitive to part lay
Productivity and Value
- Compact, vibration-tolerant SureScan™ technology enables easy integration anywhere in the user’s facility
- Cost-effective price-to-performance ratio compares well to alternative systems, such as mechanical contact stylus profilers
- Simplified operation results in low service and training costs
- Non-contact technique means that there is no consumable replacement costs to be concerned about
- Consumables are not required for measurements
- High-output, durable LED light source for years of problem-free operation
The key features of the ZeGage Plus are as follows:
- Up to 2X faster vertical scan rate over standard ZeGage
- More than 20X better surface topography repeatability when compared with standard ZeGage
- Vibration-resistant, for process control and production floor metrology Measures almost all surfaces ranging from rough to super-smooth