Verisurf has announced, today it will present its the new CMM Master 500, Programmable CMM solution at this year’s IMTS show in Chicago, USA. The CMM Master 500 is an expanded version of the current CMM Master 300 model, but with nearly four times the capacity of working volume and combined part and fixture weight. The complete automated shop floor inspection system combines the power of Verisurf software with Renishaw’s Equator comparative gauge to deliver a fully programmable CMM solution, suitable for both the quality lab and shop floor.
The Verisurf CMM Master™ is based on the Renishaw Equator™ platform, increases shop floor productivity, reduces scrap and replaces multiple single-use fixture gages at a fraction of the cost of traditional CMM systems. Portability, compact footprint, single phase power and no compressed air requirement makes this system ideal for flexible shop floor inspection and automated production cells.
Verisurf increases the accuracy of the Renishaw Equator™ with Cubic Volumetric Mapping. The unique software technology utilizes a 24 parameter calculation to volumetrically error map the 3D measurement volume and creates a compensation table with tri-cubic interpolation that makes the Verisurf error-corrected Equator significantly more accurate.
CMM Master™ can be used as a software-driven gaging comparator by measuring a ‘known to be good master reference part’ then comparing subsequent production parts to the master. This further reduces costs and increases inspection flexibility by replacing hundreds of single use hard gages.
The new Verisurf CMM Master 500 is available in standard and extended working height and supports the same productivity features as the smaller 300 model including:
- Automated or Manual Joystick Inspection
- Online and Offline Part Programming – Programs can be created offline from CAD or online in “teach” mode using the CMM joystick
- Multiple Part Alignment Methods – Align parts from simple 3-2-1 feature fitting or iterative best fit
- Full Simulation and Collision Detection – Simulate measurement routines including probe scanning to help prevent potential CMM crashes before they occur
- Flexible Reporting Options – Automatically generate AS9102 First Article Inspection Report; inspection data can be exported to other popular presentation formats including, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe 3D PDF Viewer
- Operates on single phase power with no need for compressed air
“The new CMM Master 500 is a welcome addition, with its expanded volume capacity, it offers improved practicality both on the shop floor and in the quality lab. Powered by Verisurf software the solution is ideal for first article and automated production inspection and reporting requirements,” said Ernie Husted, President and CEO of Verisurf. “Because Verisurf is committed to providing open solutions, the same software also enables quality engineers to program and run automated inspection routines on fixed gantry CMMs and other portable devices across the manufacturing enterprise, further increasing efficiency while reducing customer training, data management and support costs.”
Verisurf Software is a complete coordinate measurement CAD system with 3D surface modeling; traditional 2D drafting and 3D model associative GD&T. With Verisurf you can open any CAD model and can even use STL files to create CMM inspection plans to automate the inspection of 3D printed prototypes and additive manufactured parts.
For more information: www.verisurf.com