Vision Engineering Ltd has unveiled at the Control Exhibition a revolutionary digital 3D stereoscopic display technology. Unlike traditional mono digital microscopes, Vision Engineering’s Deep Reality Viewer (DRV) creates stereo high definition 3D images, without using a monitor or requiring operators to wear headsets or specialist glasses: images ‘float’ in front of a mirror.
Using Vision Engineering’s patented TriTeQ3 digital 3D display technology, the DRV-Z1 (Zoom model 1) incorporates a microscope and is the first device of its class to be launched by the Vision Engineering.
Developed to address quality control and assurance requirements in sectors including electronics, aerospace, automotive and medical industries, DRV-Z1 carries on the company’s 60 year long tradition of creating ergonomic, high quality visual inspection and metrology systems that reduce operator fatigue and improve accuracy, consistency and productivity.
DRV-Z1 is designed to advance the quality control and production process, by enabling operators to view magnified subjects in 3D, in unprecedented detail, without the need for additional viewing apparatus. Vision Engineering anticipates that this unique, first-to-market device will be particularly valuable to organisations that model and test components in 3D, as well as facilitating improvements in manufacturing processes such as PCB inspection and reworking. Vision Engineering sees huge capability for improving the quality control process in a broad range of industries.
Commenting on the technological breakthrough, Paul Newbatt, Vision Engineering’s Sales and Marketing Director said, “TriTeQ3 blends Vision Engineering’s long-established, industry-proven and award-winning optical stereoscopic technologies and digital monoscopic technologies. DRV-Z1 delivers a technological breakthrough, and is a game changer for inspection and quality control processes.”
Mark Curtis, managing director of Vision Engineering said, “Over the past 60 years Vision Engineering has built its reputation on the innovation, quality, performance and ergonomics of our visual inspection and metrology systems. DRV-Z1 provides enhanced 3D visualisation and overcomes current problems with 3D modelling and inspection systems. By amalgamating our existing technologies, we’ve delivered an entirely new concept to our existing customer base, as well as opening up opportunities in fresh markets.”
- Unique deep reality viewer enables stereoscopic 3D viewing with vivid depth perception, at UHD resolution, without requiring special eyewear or VR headsets
- Enables remote viewing of dynamic 3D images in in stereo full HD
- Developed to address QC and QA requirements in electronics, automotive engineering, aerospace industries and all precision engineering applications
- An amalgamation of Vision Engineering’s award-winning optical stereoscopic and digital monoscopic technologies
- Ergonomic design reduces operator fatigue and promotes productivity and accuracy
- DRV-Z1 is the first in a series of 3D stereo full HD resolution viewing systems, based on patented TriTeQ3 technology
TriTeQ3 Interactive 3D Display in 4K Resolution
In the era of increasingly sophisticated digital applications, image presentation is critical to improve the interpretation of 3D models and enhance the user experience. In current design model packages, viewing options have serious limitations:
- 2D images on flat screen monitors (some with a quasi 3D option) resulting in lower resolution and significant processing requirements.
- Stereo 3D monitors (lenticular or parallax barriers) with limited axial freedom and optical accommodation
- Require eyewear such as shutter or polarizing glasses which create flicker and image cross talk
- VR goggles offering total immersion but with issues of coordination, balance and excluded subjects
TriteQ³ has been developed in response to the specific requirements of design and manufacturing professionals to help drive the product development process. Its unique display provides unparalleled visualization, thereby increasing engineering productivity and efficiency.
For more information: www.visioneng.com