Polytec has opened a Testing Excellence Center in Plymouth, Michigan. The new facility is located at 47909 Halyard Dr. Plymouth 48170.
Michael Frech, President of Polytec, Inc, unveiled the opening of the state of the art testing labs and office building in Plymouth, Michigan. “I am extremely pleased to see the opening of our latest facility. The new space offers a full complement of our optical measurement technologies in addition to serving as the hub for the central region team. The building houses a double RoboVib and several labs and represents a major step in supporting our mission to enable customers improve their products and processes” he stated.
In addition to fully equipped labs for vibration testing, surface metrology, acoustics, speed and length, and chemical analysis, this new building also offers the latest generation RoboVib® Structural Test Station for automated experimental modal analysis capable of testing intricate and complex components as well as entire vehicle bodies. All labs are equipped with cameras and communications equipment for live demonstrations and online collaboration.
Understanding vibrating systems in nature and technology requires sophisticated, flexible, and ideally non-invasive measurement tools. Here, non-contact laser vibrometry proves to be the highest performing method.
In industrial research and development, vibrometers are used to study objects of many different sizes, ranging from entire car bodies, airplane components, engines and buildings to tiny micro-machines and hard drive components. Measurements can even be taken of glowing hot objects, rotating surfaces, ultrasonic tools, and complex, delicate structures.
The RoboVib Structural Test Station combines a 3D Scanning Vibrometer with an industrial robot to create a productive vibration analysis solution. The automated measuring station automatically tests everything from complex components to entire vehicle bodies. Both the amount of time required and the sources of error in experimental modal analysis are reduced significantly. ed weeks to even prepare for the test itself.
RoboVib makes modal tests far easier compared with tactile sensors:
- No definition and marking of spots as a sub-quantity of the FE mesh
- Eliminates the need for dummy masses due to non-intrusive laser technology
- Eliminates the need to wire all the sensors
- Incorrect measurements due to defective or mixed-up cables are a thing of the past
- Sensor position is not measured in the coordinates system (Euler angle)
- Sensor dismantling and calibration are a thing of the past
RoboVib offers valuable benefits to automotive companies:
- High spatial resolution for correlation with the acoustic FE model
- Results are directly returned to the nodal points in the FE mesh’s coordinates system – interpolation and time-consuming post-processing are a thing of the past
- Re-use of the individual measuring programs.
- RoboVib results can be incorporated into any development landscape with direct interfaces to the common modal analysis programs such as ME’scope, FEMtools™ or VMap™ and universal file export.
For more information: www.polytec.com