Fast Automated 3D X-ray Microscopy
The Bruker SkyScan1275 is specially designed for fast scanning using new advances in the technology of X-ray sources and efficient flat-panel detectors. Shortening the distance between source and detector and very fast camera readout opens the possibility for reducing scan time down to a few minutes without compromising image quality. Current developments in fast reconstruction accelerated by graphics cards give an additional gain in performance and speed.
Fast realistic visualization of results by volume rendering enables outstanding imaging of internal object’s microstructure with power to reveal all internal details by virtual cut or virtual flight around and inside the objects. Fast scanning with high quality results is crucial for scientific research and industrial applications such as quality control or production process monitoring.
The Bruker SkyScan1275 provides a high level of automation. Simple push of a button on the front of the system starts an auto-sequence of a fast scan followed by reconstruction and volume rendering executed during scanning of the next sample. System features include:
- A wide range of X-ray energies 20-100kV and small spot size in the X-ray source plus multiple filter options allow optimal scanning conditions to be selected for any particular application
- This scanner has a generous object size range up to 96mm in diameter and 100 mm in length, and can be used for large samples including industrial parts and assemblies
- The distortion-free flat-panel active pixel 3Mp detector includes a fiber-optic plate to ensure long lifetime and the highest possible reconstruction quality and accuracy
- Shortest scanning time is 80 seconds
- GPU-accelerated 3D reconstruction supports all image formats with speed-up 5-10 times compared to conventional CPU based reconstruction#
- The supplied software package includes programs for 2D/3D image analysis and realistic 3D visualization by surface / volume rendering of large format scanning results, data export and volume rendering on mobiles
- Optional stages for micropositioning and material testing allow scanning of a sample under compression, tension, heating or cooling
- The 16-position automatic sample changer (optional) accepts a mix of the samples with different sizes. The scanner can automatically select magnification according to a sample’s size and shape. Scanned samples can be replaced at any time without interrupting an ongoing scanning process.
For more information: www.bruker.com