- Hexagon’s 3D Form Inspect For Machine Tools Offers Enhanced Tolerance & Reporting Functions
- Metrologic Announces New X4 Platform Dongle-Free and Hassle-Free license
- NPL Makes e-Learning Metrology Training Courses Available Free
- In-Line Inspection System Improves Flange Measurement Technique
- 3D Scanning Prevents Production Downtime
China Metrology Technology & Equipment Exhibition (CMTE) – China
May 18 - May 20
China will host the 2020 International Metrology Technology & Equipment Exhibition (CMTE) at the Shanghai World Exhibition and Conference Center 18-20 May 2020. The event will cover 17,000 sqm (180,000 sqft) and has been organized to coincide with the 2020 World Metrology Day scheduled for May 20th.
The timing of the event also synchronizes with China’s focus on its government’s ‘Made in China 2025’ policy, whereby China aims to move away from being the world’s “factory” producing low cost goods, to transitioning to producing higher value products and services, representing in essence a blueprint to upgrade the manufacturing capabilities of Chinese industries. Under ‘Made in China 2015’ the role of metrology in China’s manufacturing sector will significantly increase as product quality and productivity is enhanced to world class status.
Until now the metrology sector has never had a dedicated trade-show in China with the sector having to present its products within specific industry sector exhibitions. China has already become the largest single market for global metrology equipment suppliers, and is predicted to significantly increase its consumption over the coming years, so now having a dedicated expo event representing the industry is timely.