Coord3 has announced the release of its compact U-CONTROL, all-in-one CMM, complete with TOUCHDMIS measuring software for use in the quality control room or production environments. The U-CONTOL CMM is based upon the Coord3 Benchmark CMM with increased Z measuring stroke of 500mm compatible for use of laser scanning sensors.
The small footprint CMM offers a measuring range of 600 mm x 500 mm x 500 mm and also has a reduced installed height of just 2400mm. The open structure of the ‘half-gantry’ CMM configuration provides excellent user ergonomics.
The full air-bearing U-CONTROL CMM offers a measuring accuracy of 2.5 microns. The measuring system PC and controller is integrated into the CMM base. An articulated support arm accommodates monitor, keyboard and mouse.
U-CONTROL has specifically been developed for use as an automatic ‘gauge’ in production environments due to the extreme ease offered by the exclusive touch interface of the TOUCHDMIS measurement software. The TOUCHDMIS Easy Runner Job Organizer allows users to run multiple inspection programs with a simple touch. All programs being automatically executed in sequence without the need for operator intervention.
Additional measuring system features include:
- Ultra-rigid advanced alloy platform
- Rapid thermal diffusion through the frame when the temperature changes
- Single piece of granite base with M8 threaded inserts in a large checkerboard pattern
- Rigid air bearings
- Z axis pneumatic counterbalance
- Measurement scales with 0.1 micron resolution with dynamic signal processing
- Full digital motion control with probe path fusion for optimal CMM performance
- Passive vibration damping system that isolates CMM from external vibrations
For more information: www.coord3.com