Target-Less Photogrammetry 3D Scanning CMM
The FLEX-3A series of 3D scanners, from Otto Vision Technology GmbH, are suitable for first article inspection, automated sample inspection as well as quality control of incoming and outgoing tools and machined parts. The 3D scanner offers a closed housing concept, long term stability of system calibration, completely automated multi-view image acquisition, data computation and evaluation allowing application of the measuring system in production conditions.
The patented image acquisition method uses a refence camera that is fixed in relation to the object allows for a highly accurate and automated photogrammetric transformation of partial views to a complete 3D model. Physical targets are not required.
The automated 3D Scanning system is able to scan small feature up to 50 microns, with the smallest point spacing of 8 microns. The patented reference camera allows scanning without having to paste physical target markers and with an accuracy up to 3 microns.
Otto Vision Technology was acquired by Jenoptik in September 2018.
The FLEX-3A two standard motorized axes are fully integrated into the measurement software and can be optionally supplemented with further axes or motion sequences.
The principle features of FLEX-3A are:
– Small measuring fields up to 20mm
– 5 to 12 Mio. pixel stereo camera resolution
– Modular transition of measuring fields
– Highly accurate3D data
– Multiple view area scanning without targets
– Digital projection with blue LED light source
– Automated data capture and data evaluation
– Motorized part and 3D sensor movement
– Modular extension of motorized axes
– Fully automated 3D sensor calibration
– Closed industrial housing
– Measuring principle: triangulation, structured light projection, photogrammetry
The non-contact optical 3D measuring system offers allows comparison of complete part shape with its nominal CAD models promptly and by less effort with the coloured depiction of deviations recognized at a glance. Beside coloured variance comparisons to CAD model highly accurate 3D data can also be used for geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing. The software supports detailed inspection reporting with numerical data as well as various options for graphical visualization.
For more information: www.otto-jena.de