Mitutoyo has announced the release of its MiCAT Planner v1.5 for use with the company’s Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM). MiCAT Planner automates the generation of CMM measurement programs using CAD models containing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) information, as well as Dimensional Measuring Equipment (DME). When no GD&T information exists in the CAD model it can easily be added by the user.
New functionality in the new release of MiCAT includes
- Multiple Coordinate Systems. MiCAT Planner now supports the import of multiple CAD coordinate systems and the creation of multiple part coordinate systems. These features can be created from the Plan View or the 3D View.
- Connection Line and Connection. The connection feature support has been expanded to include connection lines and planes.
- Mid-point, Mid-line and Mid-plane. These constructed features can be set as datums, used in an alignment plan and as referenced features for other constructed features.
- MCOSMOS Report Template Selection. Report templates for the measurement program can be selected from the GEOPAK installation directory.
- Angle Between Line and Line. Angle tolerances can be created from non-intersecting combinations of 2D or 3D line and axial features. Features that do not intersect will be created using a projection plane in the current PCS.
- Concentricity of Point Reducible Features with a Circle Feature Datum. Support for the concentricity tolerance was added for circles, construction circles, and spheres. The tolerance must reference a circle feature datum.
For more information: www.mitutoyo.com