Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, has announced the launch of a new generation of optical coordinate measuring systems, the MaxSHOT Next. Quality control and product development specialists from the aerospace, automotive, transportation and heavy industries will benefit from the system’s live go/no-go guidance feature for even more accurate and reliable measurements for their large-scale metrology projects.
measurement solution that autonomously guides users to the right measurements within VXelements™. Considered a serious alternative to laser trackers for many applications, the new MaxSHOT 3D can be used as a standalone measurement device and also be used in combination with Creaform’s 3D scanners and portable CMMs.
Major benefits are:
- 40% more accurate with volumetric accuracy of up to 0.015 mm/m.
- Visual projections with live go/no-go feedback directly on the part, guiding the user to the correct position to take the shot for unparalleled ease-of-use.
- New light, ergonomic design engineered specifically for photogrammetric measurement of large parts ranging from 2 to 10 meters.
- Improved hardware reliability and multifunction buttons for easier interaction with the software in shop-floor conditions.
- Available in Standard and Elite versions.
“With first-time-right data acquisition and measurements, the new optical coordinate measuring system is a game changer in metrology for large-scale projects,” explains Daniel Brown, Product Management Director at Creaform. “Photogrammetry complexity, lack of metrology experience and the latent human error factor are no longer obstacles to high-quality measurements with the MaxSHOT 3D. Users of all levels can be confident that their measurements are right and can be used as a solid and reliable foundation for their dimensional inspection projects.”
MaxSHOT 3D will be on display for the first time at the upcoming Control Expo, Stuttgart, Germany Hall 5, at Stand 5108, May 9–12.
For more information: www.creaform3d.com