Creaform has announced the release of its news new portable coordinate measuring machine, the HandyPROBE Next. This next-generation, optical-based contact inspection solution addresses the increasing demands of rigorous quality control directly on manufacturers’ production lines.
The HandyPROBE Next features productivity and efficiency enhancements in a more shop-floor-ready design for unprecedented accurate part inspections wherever they need to be performed. Quality control experts who rely on portable tools to validate the dimensional conformity of production tools, jigs, assemblies, sub-assemblies and final products on the shop floor can look forward to:
- 2X more accurate measurements: Volumetric accuracy of 0.064 mm (0.0025 in.)—ASME B89.4.22 compliant—regardless of environment instabilities, due to its TRUaccuracy technology
- Instant measurement: HandyPROBE Next’s wireless probe enables the instant capture of coordinates—all while being free of any rigid measurement setup to help manufacturers keep up with improved quality standards
- Greater, extendable measurement volume: Can be easily and dynamically extended—unlike measuring arms, which require conventional leapfrogging
- New ergonomic, sturdy design for shop-floor hardware reliability: Offers an enhanced user experience as well as profitable time and cost benefits for operators
- Available in Standard and Elite versions: Users can choose a model based on their specific needs“Manufacturers are under increasing pressure to integrate more rigorous quality control operations into their production processes, while still maintaining the same efficiency. Aligned with today’s requirements for the efficient production of top-quality products, the HandyPROBE Next delivers versatility, shop-floor accuracy and portability, unlike articulated arms or fixed CMMs. The solution comprehensively addresses quality issues that, if left unattended, can lead to unwanted production and part approval delays, fabrication shortcomings and unexpected costs,” explains Daniel Brown, Senior Product Manager at Creaform.As part of Creaform’s comprehensive quality control solution, shop-floor operators can add 3D scanning capabilities to their inspection sequence with the MetraSCAN3D portable CMM scanner. The solution is also fully compatible with VZinspect, Creaform’s dimensional inspection software.