Seamlessly integrated in new Creaform Software VXelements 5.1. application modules offer improved flexibility and optimized metrology performances.
Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, has announced that it has added multiple new features to VXmodel, its post-treatment scan-to-CAD software module, and VXinspect, its dimensional inspection software module. Both are fully integrated in Creaform software platform, VXelements, providing impressive flexibility and integration with third-party CAD software, including SolidWorks and now Autodesk Inventor.
Major feature additions in both modules include:
- Interoperability with Autodesk Inventor: With a simple click of a button, users can now transfer data from VXmodel directly to Autodesk Inventor, streamlining the reverse engineering process for users of this CAD software.
- Algorithm optimization: Combine mesh files, with or without textures, and with different resolutions—regardless of which device generated them. Ultimately, this enables users to combine both the Go!SCAN 20 and Go!SCAN 50 with textures.
- STL-STL comparisons: Enables the enhanced alignment and comparison of two meshes, along with a direct transfer of data from VXmodel to VXinspect.
- Major workflow improvements: For a CAD-free workflow, improvements have been made in several features, including alignment creation, overall visibility, GD&T, numerically defining nominal values, etc.
- Cross-section entities: Users can now create geometrical entities from 2D sections.
- Increased quality control functions: The same points can be scanned on a series of produced parts for improved quality control.
“These new enhancements to both VXmodel and VXinspect will provide users with a wide new options to improve their overall manufacturing, reverse engineering and quality control workflows,” explained Simon Côté, Product Manager at Creaform. “Both of these software modules truly set the pace in the industry, thanks to their high-performance measurement capabilities, versatility, intuitiveness and integration with both Creaform 3D scanners and third-party CAD solutions. Such a powerful 3D measurement ecosystem cannot be found anywhere else.”