Capvidia will be a featured participant in the 2017 Model Based Enterprise (MBE) Summit, hosted by the National Institute of Standards, on April 3-7 in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA. The Summit’s purpose is to identify challenges, research, implementation issues, and lessons learned in manufacturing and quality assurance where a 3D model of the product serves as the authoritative information source for all activities in the product’s life-cycle.
This year, Capvidia will demonstrate an array of technologies supporting MBE, including:
- MBDVidia for PTC Creo, a tool which can use 2D Creo drawings to add fully semantic PMI (MBD) annotations to 3D Creo models.
- MBDVidia, a tool that enables users to access and share Model Based Definition (MBD) data without the need for an expensive CAD license. MBDVidia opens any 3D MBD model enabling clients and coworkers to visualize, perform detailed investigation or create quotes and reports.
- 3DTransVidia, an application to translate and repair 3D models created in different CAD systems, with full support for MBD annotations.
- CompareVidia, a specialized application to validate and compare CAD models for translation or design changes. With full support for MBD annotations.
- Capvidia SDK, a software development kit supporting development of applications using QIF (Quality Information Framework.)
- Pundit CMM, an inspection simulation software package that can calculate task-specific measurement uncertainties for CMM measurements, identifying measurement issues to better control CMM processes.
- ANSI QIF and STEP AP242 are two industry standards supporting MBD. Capvidia will demonstrate support for both these standards.
In addition to its technology demonstrations, Capvidia will give two presentations at the Summit. The first, “Automatic Generation of Optimized CMM Program from MBD on the DMDII Digital Manufacturing Commons and Enabled by QIF,” will address a capability central to the very notion of MBE: a fully digital data-driven manufacturing process.
Capvidia’s second presentation, “Measurement Data Analytics using QIF,” will examine how quality data can be leveraged to increase manufacturing knowledge, through the use of advanced analytics and business intelligence.
Capvidia has been an active participant in the MBE Summit since 2012.
For more information on event: www.nist.gov
For more infotmtion on Captiva: www.capvidia.com