GOM has announced that is will be holding 3D metrology workshops for the casting and foundry industry in 2018. The workshops will take place at 42 different locations from January to April 2018.
Industrial companies will share their experiences and present examples from their day-to-day practice showing how integrating optical measuring systems into the entire process chain helps them shorten development times, improve production workflows, and thus enhance the company’s profitability. The GOM network will transfers process and metrology knowledge to 29 countries providing insight into the use of optical 3D metrology in the casting and foundry industry.
Measuring systems from GOM are used in sand, pressure die and investment casting processes to guarantee consistent quality assurance.
GOM applications include:
Models and Pattern Plates
- Full-field shape and dimension inspection
- Compensation of warpage and shrinkage
- Verification of milling results
- Change management and maintenance
Tools, Cores and Molds
- Targeted tool correction
- Assembly analysis
- Fitting of mold halves, core allowance and sliders
- Wear analysis
- First article inspection and production quality assurance
- Shrinkage, warpage and allowance control
- Material thickness analysis
- Optimized CNC machining
For more information: www.gom-workshop.com